In a meeting tonight in Arab, Alabama Department of Transportation Director Cooper announced that it could take up to a year to completely fix the slide on Highway 231 in Morgan County.
The department said it will be building new northbound and southbound bridges.
The roadway in Lacey’s Spring was shut down in early February after large cracks appeared after a bout of continuous rainfall.
Drivers have been dealing with a detour ever since.
Watch WAAY 31 News at 10 for more on this story and see more details at WAAYTV.com
Find more about Hwy. 231 plans HERE
And go HERE to sign up for WAAY 31’s weekly traffic alert newsletter
- DOT: Hwy. 231 fix in Morgan County could take up to a year
- First phase of Hwy. 231 construction underway
- Meeting set to discuss plan on how to fix Hwy. 231
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office catching speeders on Highway 231 detour
- State holding meeting on Highway 231 construction in Morgan County
- Drivers forced to learn new routes with Hwy. 231 closure
- Morgan County deputies respond to hit and run report on Highway 231 detour
- Drivers trying to get used to detour at Highway 231 in Morgan County
- State gives update on Highway 231 repair plan in Morgan County
- Update: 3 minor injuries in Madison Co. school bus wreck at Hwy 231 and Wells Road