D.J. Durkin was suspended, ultimately fired this year from Maryland after an investigation into his program revealed a culture of fear.
Now, he's back on the college football scene, AL.com reported Durkin's acting as a consultant for the Crimson Tide ahead of the Orange Bowl. The Tide could be using Durkin as a defensive mind to help defeat Heisman winner Kyler Murray down in Miami when Alabama takes on Oklahoma. Durkin was the Defensive Coordinator at Florida from 2013-2014 and at Michigan in 2015.
- DJ Durkin consulting for The Tide
- Nick Saban releases statement on status of D.J. Durkin
- Tide look ahead to Clemson
- Crimson Tide Rolls over Vanderbilt
- DJ Avicii Found Dead in Oman
- The Tide Touches Down in New Orleans
- All Access Alabama: Tide and Tigers
- Florida red tide deadliest in decades
- Clemson rolls over the Crimson Tide
- Changes rolling over the Crimson Tide