Photo Gallery 2 Images
A recreational area in Lauderdale County was almost underwater Wednesday night because of flooding.
Floodwaters were creeping up to campers at Cypress Shoals West recreational area off County Road six.
There are about a dozen campers at the site.
Some of the camper owners told WAAY31, no one lives in the campers full time. WAAY 31 crews were there around 4:30 p.m., and stayed until 6 p.m. during that time and saw the waters rise even more.
"Were getting a little worried now," said Joanne Purser, she and her family own a small cabin and camper at the recreational area.
Many of the camper owners tell us they hope the floodwaters will stop rising and spare their summer campers.
- Cypress Shoals West recreational area is almost underwater
- TVA's Rockpile Recreation Area reopens after Muscle Shoals flood damage
- Rain, storms impacting Shoals area
- Canoe and Kayak access area at Cypress Creek in Florence being closed for construction
- Valley Street in Lacey's Spring is underwater
- Several roads in Lacey's Spring still underwater
- Parole denied for Shoals area serial rapist
- Shoals area schools delayed due to flooding
- Shoals area music legend Donnie Fritts dies
- TVA's Rockpile Recreational area sustained mass amounts of flood damage