Photo Gallery 2 Images
A recreational area in Lauderdale County was almost underwater Wednesday night because of flooding.
Floodwaters were creeping up to campers at Cypress Shoals West recreational area off County Road six.
There are about a dozen campers at the site.
Some of the camper owners told WAAY31, no one lives in the campers full time. WAAY 31 crews were there around 4:30 p.m., and stayed until 6 p.m. during that time and saw the waters rise even more.
"Were getting a little worried now," said Joanne Purser, she and her family own a small cabin and camper at the recreational area.
Many of the camper owners tell us they hope the floodwaters will stop rising and spare their summer campers.
- Cypress Shoals West recreational area is almost underwater
- Canoe and Kayak access area at Cypress Creek in Florence being closed for construction
- Parole denied for Shoals area serial rapist
- Site picked for new bridge on County Road 16 over Cypress Creek
- TVA's Rockpile Recreational area sustained mass amounts of flood damage
- Florence kayaking recreational area shut down due to damage
- Shoals Area Crime Stoppers trying to catch Sheffield package bandit
- Muscle Shoals area recovering from flooding with clean-up help
- Study: Some Shoals-area cities should consider service mergers
- Shoals attorney has license suspended