Cubic GATR has now doubled the size of its original facility, meaning new jobs are on the way.
The company merged their operations from two different location to one 100,000 square foot facility in Research Park.
At the Huntsville facility, the company manufactures its GATR satellite systems.
The satellite resembles a large beach ball and inflates in about 15 minutes.
The satellites are sent out to areas of natural disasters and battlefields to collect information and data.
With the facility expansion, around 70 to 80 new jobs are expected to come to Huntsville.
"We've more than doubled our employees over the last couple of years. We're now at about 150 employees and we think that will expand and go over 200 in the course of the next year. So there's a lot of opportunity, really good manufacturing jobs, really good engineering jobs," said Roark McDonald, Vice President and General Manager of GATR Cubic Mission Solutions.
The larger facility will also allow for more satellites to be produced.
To explore jobs at Cubic visit,
- Cubic GATR facility expands in Research Park
- Parsons opens new facility in Research Park area
- $3.2 million awarded to Troy University for new research facility
- Lockheed Martin to expand Huntsville facility, add 200 jobs
- PHOTOS: Research Park power outage caused by wreck
- Mysterious disappearance of disease researcher
- Heart drug recall expanded again
- Three Springs facility safety improvements
- Verizon call center employees moving out of Research Park and into their own homes