On Tuesday, January 8, four students at Crossville Middle School in DeKalb County were caught with alcohol in their possession.
A teacher saw them passing around a water bottle during a break and after checking it and the students’ breath, the drink was determined to be alcohol. According to the sheriff's office, it was allegedly brought to school by one student for the entire group to share.
Three of the accused students were 12 years old, and a fourth had just turned 13. They were suspended by the DeKalb County Board of Education pending a hearing.
- Crossville Middle School students caught with alcohol on campus
- Juvenile arrested for possessing BB gun in Crossville Middle School
- Crossville man charged for murdering his girlfriend
- Superintendent: Student had gun just off Discovery Middle School campus
- DeKalb County 7th graders suspended for alcohol on campus
- High school student fires gun into air on Mobile campus
- Sparkman Middle School hosts Merge Day for elementary students
- Students sent back to middle school over missing grades
- New principal named for Meridianville Middle School
- Hampton Cove Middle School student who set off "false alarm" referred to alternative school