Crews worked Thursday afternoon to remove a large tree that fell into a building at the Hunter's Ridge Apartments in south Huntsville.
The tree fell during Tuesday night's storms.
After working throughout the afternoon, crews had to head back to head back to their shop to get more equipment to remove the tree.
11 of 12 apartments were occupied when the tree fell, according to the apartment complex's managers.
The building has been deemed unsafe for occupancy, according to a city building inspector.
The complex is located off South Memorial Parkway and Golf Road.
WAAY 31 was on the scene while crews worked with a large crane to remove the tree from the building.
This is a developing story check back for updates.
- Crews work to remove tree from south Huntsville apartment building
- Tree falls onto south Huntsville apartment building
- Huntsville fire crews respond to apartment fire
- Early morning fire destroys Huntsville apartment building
- Several forced to move after tree falls through apartment building
- Huntsville Police officers save people from burning apartment building
- One woman injured in south Huntsville apartment fire
- Scottsboro community honors tree before it's removed
- Fire reported in Huntsville apartment
- Investigators working to determine cause of Huntsville apartment fire