Photo Gallery 4 Images
A man and his dog are safe after a fire destroyed the camper where they lived and a mobile home with all their belongings.
Huntsville Fire and Rescue said both are a total loss.
The fire happened on a property on Gedding-Lang Road just off Bob Wade Lane in Huntsville.
David Geddings, the homeowner, said he was with his brother at a store when he learned his camper and mobile home had caught fire.
"I just went to the store and got a call, and they said had seen black smoke on the mountain," he said "I had a lot of stuff stored in there and got a barn full of stuff and I lived in the camper."
Huntsville Fire and Rescue tried to put out the flames, but said the camper and home are destroyed. Geddings said he has lived on the property for 40 years and raised his family there.
"My son just passed away, and it just seems like everything keeps happening," he added.
Geddings said he's now left to pick up the pieces and try to salvage what's left of 40 years of memories as he copes with the loss of his son.
"We was like brothers," he added.
In the meantime, he said he's trying to stay positive while figuring out what's next.
"Get up in the morning and do the best you can that day, and let the rest of it go," he said.
Fire investigators are still working to determine the cause of the fire.
A GoFundMe has been set up for David Geddings. You can visit that here.
- Madison County man, dog reunite after fire destroys home, camper
- Fire destroys mobile home in Madison County
- Madison County home destroyed in early morning fire
- Overnight fire destroys Toney home
- Fire destroys Hazel Green home
- Sheffield home destroyed in fire
- Early morning fire damages Madison County home
- Fire displaces three from Madison County home
- Tree destroys Madison home, neighbors worry about more falling
- House destroyed following fire at Florence home