Crews are making progress on Albertville's $60 million sports complex and amphitheater. They broke ground in January and now, the outside framing is done on the sports building.
The soccer, football and lacrosse fields are starting to take shape and the lazy river is dug out. When the 125 acre project is done, it will also have a 9,000 seat amphitheater and more than four miles of hiking trails.
One neighbor told WAAY 31 she's excited to see this project completed, because she's sick of the construction traffic and noise.
"It's just been aggravating, but ready for it to be done and over with," Kimberly Cutler, who lives nearby, said.
Construction is set to be done by next summer. The work is being paid for using bonds and some of the one cent sales tax increase from last year.
- Crews make progress on Albertville's $60 million sports complex and amphitheater
- $60 million Albertville project moving along
- Huntsville proposes new amphitheater
- Officials: Sand Mountain Park and Amphitheater less than 2 years away in Albertville
- Person shot in Albertville
- Crews battle fire at LifePoint Church in Albertville
- Rainsville sports complex getting new security enhancements
- Man charged in Albertville shooting
- Albertville church recovering after fire
- Albertville police arrest sex offender