According to Muscle Shoals Fire Chief Shawn Malone, a call came in around 6:20 p.m. on Wednesday about a fire on the 3rd floor of a medical office building across from Shoals Hospital.
Malone says there is smoke and fire damage throughout the floor and light smoke throughout the rest of the building. No one was on the floor at the time of the fire, and no one was injured.
Malone says crews were able to extinguish the fire, but its cause is under investigation. He says crews are at the scene investigating, but they will leave in a few hours. Crews will return Thursday morning to continue investigating.
- Crews investigating after fire at medical building near Shoals Hospital
- Medical office building at Shoals Hospital closed indefinitely after fire
- Crews prepare for snow in the Shoals
- Waterborne illness investigation underway at Huntsville Hospital Medical Mall
- Crews investigating New Hope house fire
- 12 people sent to hospital in Shoals wreck
- Man shoots and kills himself inside Shoals Hospital
- Muscle Shoals parents upset after teacher firing
- Shoals fire departments extend help to Lawrenceburg
- Shoals student earns prestigious fire college scholarship