Search teams found the body of a man in the Elk River Wednesday night, three days after he was last seen kayaking on the river.
Teams found the body of Anthony Cooper, 31, around 9 p.m. Wednesday, Giles County Emergency Management Agency Director Jeremy Holley said.
Cooper's body was found in the water south of the Elkton boat ramp, not far from where he put in Sunday, Holley said.
Searchers had been working with the Tennessee Valley Authority, who reduced the amount of water being released from its Tims Ford dam upriver. According to Holley, the lowered water level on the river was what helped them find Cooper's body.
Holey said Cooper was not wearing a flotation device.
- Crews find body of missing Giles County kayaker
- Crews continue search for Giles County kayaker
- Search underway for missing kayaker
- Body recovered from Elk River identified as missing kayaker
- User funded probation companies face lawsuit in Giles County
- Search for missing Limestone County kayaker now recovery effort
- Rescue crews save 4 kayakers from Flint River
- Semi truck with nearly $1 million of cancer meds stolen out of Giles County truck stop
- Search teams find body of missing man in Wilson Lake
- Madison County river packed with kayakers during Memorial Day weekend