Photo Gallery 6 Images
Searchers are spending a third day looking for a missing Giles County man in the Elk River.
Rescue squads from Tennessee said they are searching 30 miles of water for Anthony Cooper, 31, of Pulaski.
Cooper was last seen putting his kayak in the river near Elkton on Sunday. His kayak was found floating down the river later that day.
Search crews from Giles, Rutherford and Lawrence counties looked for Cooper but didn't find anything Monday, according to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.
Rescue organizers said the water was cold but the river current had slowed Tuesday, making search conditions as ideal as they could hope for. They said they have asked Alabama search crews to help search the area where the Elk and Tennessee rivers meet.
Crews are also using trained search dogs to try and find Cooper.
- Crews continue search for Giles County kayaker
- Crews find body of missing Giles County kayaker
- Search underway for missing kayaker
- User funded probation companies face lawsuit in Giles County
- Search for missing Limestone County kayaker now recovery effort
- Rescue crews save 4 kayakers from Flint River
- Semi truck with nearly $1 million of cancer meds stolen out of Giles County truck stop
- Search for DeKalb County teen continues Tuesday
- Madison County river packed with kayakers during Memorial Day weekend
- Florence starts work on popular kayak site