Crews with the Albertville Fire Department responded Thursday evening to LifePoint Church at 700 Motley Street, off Highway 431.
According to Jamie Smith with Albertville police, the fire at the church started around 8:30 p.m. He said it appears the classroom portion of the church is damaged, but he thinks the fire department was able to save the sanctuary. He said there are no injuries, to his knowledge.
Pastor Matt Brooks said they still plan to have service on Sunday but they are not sure where yet. He confirmed the children's building was a total loss but the main auditorium was not damaged. He said no one was inside the building when the fire started.
The police department is handling traffic control. They have an adjacent street and neighborhood blocked off as crews battle the fire.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Crews battle fire at LifePoint Church in Albertville
- Albertville church recovering after fire
- Albertville church still holds service despite Thursday night fire
- Person shot in Albertville
- Crews battle early morning fire in Elkmont
- Crews battle house fire in Limestone County
- Crews battle overnight Hazel Green house fire
- Huntsville Fire crews battle early morning house fire
- Fire crews battle overnight fire at Huntsville City Landfill
- Organization that helps the homeless lost its headquarters in Albertville church fire