Fire crews are investigating how a house fire started early Monday morning.
It happened on Brooks Drive off Browns Ferry Road in Limestone County around 5:15 Monday morning. Crews from the Tanner and the Clements volunteer fire departments responded and said the home was abandoned. Neighbors said they called the fire in, because they heard an explosion.
We have learned the house was in the process of being demolished, and the power was still turned on to the house. Crews cut off the power after arriving to the scene. The Clements Fire Department said it was exceptionally hard to fight this fire because of a shortage of volunteers.
WAAY 31 is working to gather more details on this story and will update it as soon as we have them.
- Crews battle house fire in Limestone County
- Huntsville Fire crews battle early morning house fire
- Crews respond to Madison County house fire
- Crews battle early morning fire in Elkmont
- Human remains found inside following Limestone County house fire
- Fire crews battle overnight fire at Huntsville City Landfill
- Pedestrian killed in Limestone County
- Roads reopen in Limestone County
- Bands shine in Limestone County
- Limestone Co. man sets fire to home