Around 5:45 a.m. on Wednesday morning, crews with Huntsville utilities were able to repair a water main break on California Street.
The southbound lanes of California Street from Marsheutz Avenue to Bob Wallace Avenue were closed for several hours.
Water was turned back on for residents in the area around 4:00 a.m.
Officials said the water main break is possibly weather related but they don’t know for sure just yet.
The road reopened just before 6:00 a.m.
- Crews repair water main break on California Street in Huntsville
- Crews work to repair water main break in Madison County
- Decatur Utilities water main repair impacting traffic
- Water main break causes Huntsville roads to flood
- Water restored in Brownsboro after water main repairs
- Utility crews in Decatur working to repair damaged gas main
- Huntsville Utilities closes portion of Clinton Avenue for water main repair
- Athens street closed after contractor hits water main
- Huntsville Utilities can't rule out age of pipe in water main break
- Much of Houston remains under boil-water notice as crews repair broken water main that supplies about half of the city