UPDATE: The arrest warrant for another suspect, Austin Holmes, says he is accused of stabbing Luke Pratt with a knife on May 6 and remained in the home with the intent of committing a burglary. According to court documents, his preliminary hearing is scheduled for June 5 at 10 a.m.
According to the arrest warrant for one of the men charged with capital murder in an incident on May 6 on Skyline Road in Madison, the victim, Luke Pratt, was stabbed with a "bladed-edge weapon."
Madison police have arrested five people as part of the investigation.
Capt. John Stringer, police spokesman, said Hunter Guy Ray Dubois, 20, of Athens is charged with murder and first-degree burglary.
Stringer said a juvenile also was arrested. The department is withholding additional information on that arrest due to the suspect’s age.
Dubois was arrested May 9 and the juvenile on May 13. The arrests were announced May 15.
Lucas Ray Kemp, 18, of Toney was arrested May 9 in Jacksonville Beach, Fla., based on a warrant for capital murder and burglary. That same day, 19-year-old Austin Holmes from Toney was arrested for capital murder and burglary first-degree in Pratt’s death.
Hunter Moore of Huntsville was charged May 6 with capital murder, attempted murder and first-degree burglary in the death of Pratt.
Court documents show Hunter Moore has a preliminary hearing on June 5 at 9:30 a.m.
- Court documents: Man murdered in Madison home was stabbed with knife
- Family, friends mourning Madison man murdered in home
- Huntsville man charged in Madison murder
- Man stabbed at home in Lauderdale County
- Madison man turns 100
- Police charge man with murder in Huntsville stabbing death
- Court documents show nursing home patient tried to fight off sexual attack
- Madison County Sheriff's Office makes murder arrest
- Man found stabbed to death in his Colbert County home
- Man charged in Rogersville stabbing