For the first time in 35 years we've got a new course record at the Cotton Row Run.
Kenyan Linus Kiplagat bested the previous record of 29:10, set by John Wellerding back in 1983, with a time of 28:36 to claim the elusive $5,000 prize for breaking the longstanding record.
On the ladies side, his teammate, Margret Wamahiga also took home top honors in the 10k with a time of 34:18.
- Course record falls at 39th Cotton Row Run
- Hundreds gather for 39th Annual Cotton Row Run
- Cotton pickin' good harvest in Alabama
- Rain causes delays for cotton crops
- Row Huntsville growing a program
- New cotton gin set to open in Limestone County
- Lawrence County farmer grows cotton to spin into luxury linens
- Hurricane Michael damages cotton crops along the coast
- Death row inmate sues after 'botched' execution
- Muscle Shoals state basketball run falls short