Lauderdale County sheriff's deputies blocked off County Road 33 in the Lexington area Friday afternoon.
Law enforcement received a call that a female was being held against her will. SWAT responded to the scene, and two people are in custody after a 3-hour standoff.
The suspects walked out of the home voluntarily. A male suspect had warrants out for his arrest, so he’s currently being charged on those. Deputies say the incident is being considered domestic, and they need to interview the suspects to see if any charges will be made related to the incident.
- County Road 33 blocked off by Lauderdale Co. sheriff's deputies
- Lauderdale County Commission approves new technology for sheriff's deputies
- Former Lauderdale County corrections deputy indicted
- Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting
- Lauderdale County Homicide Investigation
- Lauderdale County Sheriff says jail overcrowding puts deputies in a dangerous situation
- Storm damage in Lauderdale County
- Lauderdale County inmate found dead
- Walmart's online sales grow 33%
- Madison County Sheriff's Office hiring new deputies