If you've spent anytime around the water cooler on Thursday, chances are you've heard that Alabama is getting a pair of their top linebackers back from injury in the near future.
At this time that's yet to be determined, but according to a report from AL.com, the Crimson Tide should get Christian Miller back for the Iron Bowl and Terrell Lewis back as soon as the SEC Championship game should Alabama beat Auburn and make yet another trip to Atlanta.
Just last night, Alabama head coach Nick Saban updated the status of the linebackers who went down in the season opener against Florida State.
"Terrell Lewis and Christian Miller is in what they call the functional phase of rehab but not really medically cleared to play," Saban said. "So as they go through this continued work on the field and so forth, at some point in time I guess they'll get medically cleared. But as I've said before, that's a medical decision that our medical staff will make."
Adding fuel to the fire about a possible return, Miller took to Twitter on Thursday morning and uploaded a video with some highlights from his time with the Tide mixed in with a clip of the WWE's "The Undertaker" returning to the ring, poetically announcing that he had returned from the grave.
The addition of either linebacker would be huge for Alabama who's also been without the services of linebackers Sean Dion-Hamilton and Mack Wilson who were also lost for the year to injury in recent weeks.
Those losses, paired with Miller and Lewis' absence left the Crimson Tide without four of their top seven linebackers in the Mississippi State game and it showed. They gave up 172 rushing yards to the Bulldogs, their most all season and only registered one sack as MSU gave Alabama their biggest scare of the year.
- Could a pair of injured Alabama linebackers return soon?
- Former Alabama Linebacker Reuben Foster Arrested
- Former Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster arrested for marijuana possession
- Titans trade up 3 spots for Alabama linebacker Rashaan Evans
- Reports: Alabama linebacker Dylan Moses out for season with injury
- Decatur High Linebacker Signs with Auburn
- Pair of 2nd inning homers push Auburn past Alabama
- Colts: Linebacker Edwin Jackson among 2 killed on highway
- NFL suspends 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster 2 games
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed, several others injured