The Madison County Coroner's Office has identified the man killed following a shooting at an apartment complex near downtown Sunday night.
The office identified the victim as Raemon Ross, 34, of Huntsville. The office says the cause of death was a gunshot wound, and he died at 11:02 p.m., shortly after he was shot.
Huntsville police are still looking for the person who shot and killed Ross. Investigators were called to Spring Branch Apartments on Binford Drive around 9:30 p.m.
A resident who lives at the apartment complex said he heard two shots fired shortly before police were called.
Ross was taken to Huntsville Hospital before he died from his wound.
Police have yet to identify any suspects or announce any arrests in this case.
- Coroner identifies Huntsville man killed in Sunday night shooting
- Man killed in Wednesday night crash identified
- Huntsville police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Huntsville police identify victim in Sunday homicide
- Police identify man killed in Alabama interstate shooting
- DeKalb County Coroner identifies victim in Geraldine house fire
- Man charged with late-night shooting in Huntsville
- Huntsville police need help identifying this man
- Town Creek man killed Sunday in Lawrence County shooting
- Man shoots cousin in Huntsville