Photo Gallery 1 Images
The Cullman County coroner says Matthew Clayton, the man arrested for a triple-shooting that resulted in two deaths and another person being critically injured, died on Tuesday at a hospital.
Clayton was arrested on Oct. 21. He was booked in the Cullman County Jail on murder and attempted murder charges.
Clayton is accused of killing Tom DeWille of Owens Cross Roads and Rollan Edwards of Cullman County. He's also accused of injuring Jody Tudor.
Investigators say all four men knew each other and the fight stemmed from a past argument. They say the victims were stabbed and shot.
We are working to gather more information about what led to Clayton's death.
- Coroner: Cullman County man charged in triple-shooting pronounced dead at hospital
- Cullman County man arrested for triple-shooting that killed two people
- Haleyville woman pronounced dead after crash in Franklin County
- Cullman County Coroner: Brothers found dead were ages 9 and 3
- Coroner: Man killed in Lawrence County shooting
- Police: 2 dead in Tuscumbia triple shooting
- Coroner: 3 dead in Athens
- Arab man killed in Cullman County crash
- Athens man pronounced dead after two-vehicle wreck on Highway 31
- Man hospitalized following shooting