Photo Gallery 7 Images
The Jefferson County Coroner/Medical Examiners office confirmed Wednesday afternoon the remains found Tuesday night belong to Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, according to 33/40, Birmigham's ABC-affiliated station.
Kamille's body was found in a dumpster at a Birmingham landfill Tuesday night. 33/40 reports the cause of death, as well as the exact time and location of her death, are still under investigation.
Birmingham police have two people in custody, Patrick Devone Stallworth and Derrick Irisha Brown, who are accused of kidnapping and murdering Kamille.
Read more here
- Coroner: Body found in Birmingham confirmed as Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney
- Search continues for missing Alabama child Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney
- Funeral set for Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney abducted, killed in Alabama
- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney honored at Magic City Classic
- Reward offered for Kamille McKinney, Birmingham toddler kidnapped from party
- DeKalb County sheriff remembers county's own tragedy in wake of Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney's death
- Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney died by suffocation the same day she was kidnapped in Alabama, documents say
- Proposed Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney Bill calls for surveillance cameras in public housing
- Alabama judge issues gag order in Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney's disappearance, death
- Birmingham police: New video shows Kamille McKinney, man shortly before kidnapping