A cold front passage has finally ended the stretch of days with intense heat for North Alabama. Today's highs will still be above normal but not 10-15 degrees above normal like the last week or two. Unfortunately the same cold front is also bringing gusty east, southeasterly winds. These winds could push any new fire start, especially in areas with dry brush and grass. Winds will be the strongest in the late morning but still breezy during the hottest and driest part of the day.
Winds will remain breezy Friday with afternoon highs in the mid to upper 80s. Expect mostly dry conditions the next 5-7 days, though a few pop-up stray showers are possible. As long as we remain dry, vegetation will be receptive to new fires.
- Cooler but increased fire danger from gusty winds
- Heavy storms & gusty winds possible Monday
- Gradual clearing Thursday, gusty northwest winds by the afternoon
- Temperatures drop Friday but fire danger increases
- Wind chill can make temperatures dangerously cold
- Dangerous severe storms bring risk for tornadoes & damaging wind tonight
- Dangerous heat & thunderstorms Tuesday
- Snow growing increasing likely for next week, dangerous cold to follow
- Storms exit, cooler air arrives
- Dry weekend but much cooler