A Florence man is facing multiple charges after police said they found him outside some Florence apartments with weapons and drugs.
Jason Shawn Allan, 45, was arrested Monday morning on several gun-related charges.
Florence police said they went to an apartment complex on East Tuscaloosa Street around 8 a.m. Monday after getting a call of a person there with a gun. Officers said they found Allan and another man in a vehicle that matched the description given on their call. Allan told officers he was there to speak to someone at one of the apartments, police said.
The driver of the vehicle gave permission for officers to search, and they said they found a shotgun with an illegal-sized barrel. Allan, who is a convicted felon, was then arrested.
While officers were searching Allan they said they found methamphetamine and brass knuckles.
Allan was charged with drug possession, possession of a short-barreled shotgun, brass knuckles possession and being a violent felon in possession of a firearm.
He was booked into the Lauderdale County Detention Center on $30,000 bond.
- Convicted felon charged with having short-barreled shotgun
- Certain convicted felons can restore their voting rights before election
- Whiskey Barrel Tax Exemption Passes
- Man arrested for robbing Dollar General with shotgun
- Police say man shot blaring smoke detector with a shotgun
- Violent felon arrested in Limestone County on weapons, drug charges
- Barrels of Love food drive kicks off
- Record year for Barrels of Love
- Convicted sex offender charged with child porn
- Man charged with DUI convicted twice before on same charge