A man serving a life sentence for a Huntsville murder has been denied a new trial.
The Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals denied a rehearing for John Clayton Owens Friday.
Owens, 34, is serving a life sentence for capital murder in the 2011 murder of Doris Richardson, 91. Police said Owens strangled Richardson in her home on Bide-A-Wee Drive and then took items from her house.
Owens is being held in the St. Clair Correctional Facility.
- Convicted Huntsville murderer's appeal denied
- SCOTUS denies TN abortion appeal
- Sentencing date set for convicted Huntsville murderer
- Huntsville police officer charged with murder denied immunity by Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals
- Appeals court affirms conviction in Huntsville man’s murder of stepfather
- Franklin County man appealing manslaughter conviction
- Huntsville police officer appealing immunity ruling in his murder case
- Immunity request denied for Huntsville police officer charged with murder
- Bond denied for man charged with capital murder in Huntsville
- Immunity hearing denied for Huntsville police officer charged with murder