A man serving a life sentence for a Huntsville murder has been denied a new trial.
The Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals denied a rehearing for John Clayton Owens Friday.
Owens, 34, is serving a life sentence for capital murder in the 2011 murder of Doris Richardson, 91. Police said Owens strangled Richardson in her home on Bide-A-Wee Drive and then took items from her house.
Owens is being held in the St. Clair Correctional Facility.
- Convicted Huntsville murderer's appeal denied
- SCOTUS denies TN abortion appeal
- NCAA denies Auburn's appeal of Austin Wiley ruling
- Convicted murder mistakenly released from jail
- Alabama attorney convicted of robbery, attempted murder
- Huntsville man charged with capital murder
- Man charged with murder in Huntsville
- Huntsville murder suspect in custody in Memphis
- Huntsville Police Officer charged with murder
- Huntsville Police issue two murder warrants