Facebook announced Monday the construction company for the $750 million Huntsville Data Center is now hiring.
Facebook is also starting to fill positions for the center.
Facebook announced not only the contractor but also six subcontractors.
In Facebook's announcement, they said they expect to hire hundreds of construction workers for the 970,000 square foot facility that will sit on 340 acres in the North Huntsville Industrial Park.
The company selected Holder Construction group based out of Atlanta to be the contractor and in charge of the many different subcontracts.
Facebook also said it expects to announce more local vendors during construction.
Facebook has 7 different job openings posted for the data center on their website, and those jobs on average are expected to pay $80,000 annually, according to the company.
Facebook said they started work on the site last month and expect the Huntsville Data Center to open in 2020.
- Construction company hiring for Facebook Data Center in Huntsville
- Facebook's official announcement on Huntsville Data Center
- Facebook to hire Alabamians for new data center
- Atlanta company to construct data center in Birmingham
- Facebook building $750 million data center in Huntsville
- $13 million data center coming to Huntsville
- UAH students prep for Facebook data center jobs
- Huntsville approves incentives for unnamed $750M data center
- Woodbridge hiring 25 in Huntsville area
- Google breaks ground on Alabama data center