Community members in Limestone County are still in shock about Saturday's double murder-suicide and the homicides the county has had so far this month.
At the end of June there was a murder suicide in Limestone County. Since then they have had a triple homicide, double homicide and a double murder suicide.
People in the community tell WAAY 31 they're sad that family members and friends are shooting and killing one another.
Ann Collier remembers when limestone county didn't have many homicides back to back. It's one of the reasons she moved back to the county.
"I cannot believe it. It's scary" says Collier. "I lived in New York where you can expect stuff like that to happened. But down here you don't expect it."
The whole community was shocked when they first heard about the triple murder in Elkmont on July first. Darwin Brazier shot and killed himself after killing his ex-wife, her new husband and their roommate..
On June 29th there was the murder suicide in Elkmont on Airfield street. Two brothers, Rigoberto Sanchez Ocampo and Adolfo Sanchez Ocampo were found dead. Investigators don't know who shot who first.
Then on July 16th there was another murder suicide in Elkmont. Jason Woolridge shot and killed his roommate and friend John Few. Woolridge then shot himself.
Athens police aren't releasing many details about the double murder suicide that happened on Saturday, but nearby neighbors told WAAY 31 family was involved.
Ann Collier and others believe Limestone County is a bible based community, so they only pray it gets better.
Many people said while they're glad the shootings aren't random targets, they hope family members seek help before deciding to take a life.
- Community members in Limestone County respond to recent murders
- Limestone County Democrats respond to sheriff's indictment
- Victims identified in Limestone County triple murder
- Update: murder-suicide reported in Limestone County
- Video: Elkmont teen charged in murders of 5 family members appears in Limestone County court
- Limestone County Board of Education terminates 44 staff members
- Crews respond to fire on Bell Road in Limestone County
- Crews respond to fire on Looney Road in Limestone County
- Huntsville Fire responds to Limestone County garage fire
- Community helping firefighters who responded to Elkmont murder scene