On Friday, we expect to learn new details surrounding Monday morning's deadly Jackson County dock fire.
While investigators work to find answers, the community is coming together to heal.
Two brothers who once lived on the dock are renaming their boat to remember the victims. Their boat sank back in July, and right now, they're working to fix it. Before they moved, he says the victims, including Annette Miles and her five children, were like their family.
"We're going to do it in memory of Dock B and all our friends, and hopefully, one day when we build back, the boat will be over there again," said Andrew Utech.
One of the brothers will also be performing in a concert to raise money for the victims. That concert is Feb. 21 in Scottsboro at Collins Elementary.
The American Red Cross is stepping in to help by offering counseling services. Counselors say this is the most family-oriented campground they've been to.
Counseling services are available to anyone involved, including survivors, first responders and those helping to clean up. Red Cross volunteers are going door to door to see if anyone wants their services.
“They're still in major shock, so a lot of them are not ready to talk. Not at all, and we told them we are here when you're ready, and that's all you can say. They just don't have words to tell you what they are going through," said Marguerite Adams.
A news conference is set to be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Jackson County Park.
- Community comes together to help survivors, remember victims of Jackson County dock fire
- Victims identified in deadly fire at Jackson County boat dock
- 'Yancy had a big heart': Man remembers brother who drowned in Jackson County Park dock fire
- Coroner: 5 siblings killed in Jackson County Park dock fire
- Community remembers victims of Town Creek tornado
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office says quick response time saved lives in Scottsboro boat dock fire
- Decatur marina adjusts safety requirements following Jackson County boating dock fire
- More details expected in investigation into deadly Jackson County dock fire
- Drone Video: Aerial footage shows damage from Jackson County boat dock fire
- Jackson County commissioner says boat dock that caught fire was up to code