LOS ANGELES (AP) - Comedian Aziz Ansari has responded to allegations of sexual misconduct by a woman he dated last year.
Ansari said in a statement Sunday that he apologized last year when she told him about her discomfort during a sexual encounter in his apartment he said he believed to be consensual.
The woman, identified as a 23-year-old photographer in an interview with Babe.net, says she was furious when she saw Ansari was wearing a "Time's Up" pin while accepting a Golden Globe on Jan. 7.
She said it brought back memories of him assaulting her after a date in his apartment.
The next day, the woman texted Ansari letting him know that she was upset with his behavior that night.
Ansari says he was surprised and apologized.
- Comedian Aziz Ansari responds to sex misconduct allegations
- Huntsville terror suspect Aziz Sayyed pleads guilty
- James Franco disputes sexual misconduct allegations
- Uber's new policy for alleged sexual misconduct
- Huntsville teacher removed from campus following sexual misconduct allegation
- Sexual misconduct allegations force Steve Wynn out of RNC
- Decatur City School teacher resigns amid sexual misconduct allegations
- Man wants 1994 murder case tossed, alleges police misconduct
- Harvey Weinstein accusers reach $44M deal over alleged sexual misconduct