INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The Indianapolis Colts say linebacker Edwin Jackson was one of two men killed when a suspected drunken driver struck them as they stood outside their car along a highway in Indianapolis.
The Colts said in a statement Sunday that the team is "heartbroken" by Jackson's death. The statement says the 26-year-old "was loved by all in the Colts organization."
State police identified the victims as Jackson, who grew up in Atlanta, and 54-year-old Jeffrey Monroe, of Avon, Indiana. Police say they were killed when a suspected drunken driver struck them as they stood outside their car along Interstate 70 on Indianapolis' west side.
Authorities say the driver that struck them before dawn on Sunday tried to flee on foot but was quickly captured. Toxicology results are pending.
2/4/2018 3:17:08 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Colts: Linebacker Edwin Jackson among 2 killed on highway
- Decatur High Linebacker Signs with Auburn
- Former Alabama Linebacker Reuben Foster Arrested
- UPDATE: Jackson County highway reopens after paint truck crash
- Could a pair of injured Alabama linebackers return soon?
- Former Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster arrested for marijuana possession
- Titans trade up 3 spots for Alabama linebacker Rashaan Evans
- NFL suspends 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster 2 games
- Jackson County man killed in ultralight aircraft crash
- Washington claims linebacker Reuben Foster off waivers three days after his domestic violence arrest