Today won't be a washout, but we do keep scattered showers off and on under a mostly cloudy sky. Temperatures run below average with highs in the mid to upper 50s. Our chance of rain is 40% today, increasing to 80% after midnight tonight as a cold front approaches.
The front will pass late tonight and early Friday morning. As it pushes eastward, it takes the rain with it, allowing for a mainly dry and chilly evening with lingering clouds. As the colder air continues to filter into the Valley under a partly cloudy sky, Saturday morning will be frosty. Highs Saturday only reach the upper 40s, even with the return of a mostly sunny sky.
Brace yourself for even colder temperatures Sunday morning when we dip to the upper 20s. A light freeze is more likely than a frost early Sunday.
- Coldest air of the season so far arrives this weekend
- Colder air arrives, snow becomes possible this weekend
- Colder air arrives as showers linger
- Big changes bring in our coldest morning since April
- Alabama arrives for the Rocket City Classic
- UPDATE: Timing Solidifying For Storm Arrival Tonight
- Wednesday stays dry, then rain arrives Thursday
- Severe weather slowing its arrival Thursday
- The Wall That Heals arrives in Huntsville
- Overcast today with rain arriving tonight