Colbert County Sheriff's Office said they evacuated a few people from their homes in the Nathan Estates neighborhood.
Officials used a raft to bring people out of the neighborhood, located off Wilson Dam Road. Colbert County EMA is also sent Humvees to help.
Muscle Shoals Police Chief Clint Reck said they are putting sandbags around some homes in Nathan Estates.
They did use the Humvees to take some children to school (Muscle Shoals city schools are open today. Colbert County schools are not.) and other people to work.
They also took some people out who were scared to stay in their homes.
The water is nearing about 10-12 homes but not endangering the homes.
Also, Spring Valley Road is closed due to water over the road from about three miles in from the railroad tracks. Water is over the roads in several locations in Colbert County.
- Update: Colbert County evacuates residents from flooded neighborhood
- Flooding causes evacuations in Colbert County
- UPDATE: Suspect ID'ed in Colbert County Homicide
- UPDATE: One person shot in Colbert County
- Colbert County opens pet-friendly shelter for flooding evacuees
- At least 109 homes in Colbert County have flood damage
- Colbert County flood victims won't get federal assistance
- Frankfort Road in Colbert County open after flood repairs
- Colbert County summer school program
- UPDATE: Dangerous man caught by police in Colbert County.