A man who was allegedly shot over an argument about the Alabama, LSU game has died.
The Colbert County sheriff told WAAY 31 David Fulkerson’s charges are now upped to murder after he shot Michael Merritt.
The shooting happened at a home on Ligon Springs Road Saturday night. The sheriff said an alcohol-fueled argument between Fulkerson and Merritt is what led to the shooting.
Officials said the argument was over the Alabama, LSU game, but we spoke with people who were there, and they said it was an argument over name calling, not the game.
Fulkerson is still behind bars in the Colbert County Jail.
- Colbert County sheriff: Man shot in argument dies; suspect now charged with murder
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to murder
- Colbert County sheriff: Man charged with attempted murder after Alabama, LSU football game fight
- Man charged with capital murder for shooting after argument
- UPDATE: One person shot in Colbert County
- Colbert County man on life support after argument over Alabama LSU game
- Colbert County sheriff: Tuscumbia man pleads guilty to incest
- UPDATE: Suspect ID'ed in Colbert County Homicide
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to child porn charge
- Suspect charged for Jackson County murder