A man charged with killing a Colbert County woman and trying to dispose of her body in Jackson County pleaded guilty Wednesday.
Timothy Wade Warhurst, 56, was sentenced to 25 years in prison as part of the plea agreement, according to court documents.
Warhurst was charged with killing Wanda Ivey, 47, in June 2016. Authorities said he shot Ivey to death at his home on Blue Road in Colbert County and tried to dispose of her near Woodville. Jackson County authorities said they caught Warhurst digging a hole, with Ivey's body in the back of his truck on County Road 500.
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to murder
- Colbert County sheriff: Tuscumbia man pleads guilty to incest
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to child porn charge
- Colbert County insurance agent pleads guilty to fraud
- Colbert County attorney pleads guilty to jury tampering
- Florence man pleads guilty to double murder
- Man killed in Colbert County crash
- Man pleads guilty to lesser charge in murder case
- Colbert County summer school program
- Jury recommends death penalty in Colbert County capital murder trial