The Colbert County Emergency Management Agency and the county water department are asking property owners to check for any broken or leaking pipes as they are noticing large water losses.
While officials say they are losing substantial amounts of water, they have not been able to pinpoint where all the sources of water loss are.
They are hoping people with multiple properties check their other homes to see if there are any problems on those sites.
If anyone spots a potential break they are being asked to call the water department or 911.
- Colbert County losing large amount of water because of pipe breaks, leaks
- Limestone County search nets large amount of meth, marijuana, firearms
- Large trees brought down in Colbert County by strong winds
- Large amount of meth found during traffic stop
- PHOTOS: Madison County deputies seize large amount of meth, firearms in traffic stop
- Colbert County attempting water rescue of man trapped on tractor
- Colbert County summer school program
- Huntsville Utilities can't rule out age of pipe in water main break
- Feds allow Nestle to keep piping water in California forest
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Colbert County wreck