On Monday, a Colbert County insurance agent pleaded guilty to one count of securities fraud and one count of insurance fraud.
Ronald Powell is accused of accepting more than $800,000 of investor funds and misappropriating those funds for his personal benefit. In total, he received a 12-year sentence.
- Colbert County insurance agent pleads guilty to fraud
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to murder
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to child porn charge
- Man pleads guilty in Colbert County sex abuse case
- Colbert County sheriff: Tuscumbia man pleads guilty to incest
- Colbert County attorney pleads guilty to jury tampering
- Madison County business owner pleads guilty to securities fraud
- Limestone County woman indicted for insurance fraud, arson
- Ex-Auburn basketball coach pleads not guilty in fraud case
- DreamVision theme park promoter pleads guilty to securities fraud