Photo Gallery 1 Images
A unique marketing class at Colbert County High School is getting national attention and catching on in other local districts.
Students in April Clark's sports and entertainment marketing class in the 2016-17 school year put on a live concert with the popular cover band Velcro Pygmies. The concert was such a success other school systems are now planning to do the same thing.
Clark told WAAY 31 her students marketed and promoted the concert all on their own. They raised money for the Future Business Leaders of America club.
The Velcro Pygmies were more than happy to participate in the unique class adventure. Now two Huntsville City schools and one school in Florida will be learning how to promote and put on a live concert this year.
"I know when we did the concept here I saw such a difference in so many students. To know that, that's going to go on and affect other students in other schools is an incredible feeling," said Clark.
The Velcro Pygmies will be the headliners for all the concerts. The money raised from the concert will go to whatever the students decide.
The Velcro Pygmies will be back at Colbert County High School to perform in partnership with Clark's marketing class this Spring.
- Colbert County Schools get national attention for unique marketing class
- Limestone County tornado history draws national attention
- Colbert County summer school program
- Colbert County Schools introduce new education foundation
- Colbert school board office burglarized
- Colbert Co. EMA: Stay up and pay attention to severe weather this weekend
- School resource officers now at every Colbert County school
- Alabama Rep. John Rogers' 'unwanted child' comments gain national attention
- Threat made at Colbert Heights High School
- Colbert County Schools shutting down next week due to flu