The Colbert County Animal Shelter will be open for adoptions only for ten days starting June 25th.
They say this is due to a large influx of animals coming into the shelter.
The shelter says it is already over capacity, and they have all they can manage right now with the current space and staff available.
During the 10 day intake freeze, the shelter plans to do maintenance, make repairs, and take care of some deep cleaning.
This is the second Shoals animal shelter to temporarily stop taking in animals this month.
Earlier this month, WAAY 31 reported the Florence Lauderdale Animal Shelter is not taking in any animals from June 23rd - July 4th.
- Colbert County Animal Shelter closing for ten days
- Colbert County animal shelter at maximum capacity
- Colbert County Animal Shelter faces financial struggles
- Food donations pour into the Colbert County Animal Shelter
- Colbert County Animal Shelter may run out of food
- Colbert County animal shelter in budget crisis, may have to cut employees
- Colbert County opens pet-friendly shelter for flooding evacuees
- Lawrence County animal shelter construction coming along
- Lauderdale shelter not taking animals
- State determines Colbert County mutilated animal was a coyote