MADRID -- Spanish police seized a load of pineapples that were transported from Costa Rica.
Inside the fruits, authorities found about 147 pounds (67 kilos) of cocaine hidden inside cylinders.
The pineapples were emptied and each one was filled with a cylinder coated with wax to insulate the odor of the drug.
As part of the operation, seven people were arrested in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- Nearly a pound of cocaine seized in DeKalb County traffic stop
- Decatur man charged with trafficking cocaine
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- North Huntsville Industrial Park development filling up
- Gambling machines seized in Colbert County
- Police: Hartselle woman gives birth to child on cocaine
- Traffic stop leads to arrest for meth, crack cocaine
- Meth, cocaine, stolen gun found in DeKalb County traffic stop
- Man charged with trafficking meth, having cocaine in Russellville