Storms ripped the visitor side bleachers apart at Clements High School during Thursday's storm. Superintendent Tom Sisk told WAAY that rebuilding the bleachers could take until the 2019 football season.
We asked how much the bleachers could cost to fix and the Superintendent told us that the bleachers are similar to ones he's seen in Ardmore which cost about a quarter-million dollars and he could expect the same here.
"The plan at this point is to have a new bleacher assembly in place for the next football season. That should give us enough time to file for the insurance, insure the claim, demo the existing area, and then put it back," Sisk said.
By Friday afternoon the bleachers that had fallen into the field were removed.
The Superintendent also said fans will need to sit on temporary seats or bring their own this season.
- Clements High School bleachers severely damaged in storm
- East Limestone handles business against Clements
- Damaging wind threat with severe storms Thursday
- Athens business damaged in severe storm
- Severe threat ends, numerous storm damage reports
- Brindlee Mountain Primary School severely damaged after storm
- Severe storms damage several homes, structures in Jackson County
- Child falls through bleachers at Sheffield football stadium
- High risk for severe storms Friday
- Dangerous severe storms bring risk for tornadoes & damaging wind tonight