The City of Madison Public Works is preparing for some wintry weather.
A spokesperson for the department, Mike Gentle, says crews will monitor overpasses and bridges. Specifically, they will be looking at Wall Triana Highway and Interstate 565, County Line Road at the railroad tracks near the Interstate 565 interchange and Madison Boulevard at Interstate 565.
Trucks are loaded and crews have a sand and gravel mix ready to go. Workers are off for Veterans Day, but they are on standby for Monday night.
- City of Madison prepares for possible snow ahead of cold front
- Madison County Commissioners prepare for snow
- Cold front arrives Monday night, snow flurries Tuesday morning
- Cold front brings showers and storms Monday
- Crews preparing Madison County roads ahead of severe storms
- Madison road crews stay ahead of ice and snow
- Madison City Public Works crews make preparations for possible snow and ice
- A couple of cold fronts pack a big punch (and possibly bring snow to North Alabama)
- Huntsville prepares for possible snow
- Madison City Public Works prepared for black ice on roads