The City of Florence announced Friday that Decatur Avenue has been closed from the Courtney Avenue intersection to Darby Drive.
According to the city, the closure is a precaution because the 7’ x 7’ concrete stormwater culvert that runs underneath Decatur Street needs to be reinforced or replaced.
Traffic will be detoured until further notice, and there is access to English Village and Bank Independent at the end of Darby Drive.
- City of Florence closing portion of Decatur Avenue
- Huntsville Utilities closing portion of Clinton Avenue
- LifeWay closing Huntsville, Decatur, Florence stores
- Traffic alert: Wreck completely blocks portion of Oakwood Avenue
- Huntsville Utilities closes portion of Clinton Avenue for water main repair
- Decatur police: Portion of Stratford Road being closed for road work
- Traffic Alert: Portion of Brooks Street in Decatur to be closed for road work
- Decatur Utilities closing portion of Somerville Road to remove tree hanging over roadway
- Portion of Limestone Co. will no longer get emergency services from City of Decatur
- Flipped trailer blocks part of 6th Avenue in Decatur