Huntsville City Schools has a new Superintendent.
The Board of Education selected Christie Finley as its new leader on Thursday. Finley currently serves as the Interim Superintendent of the District.
Finley took over for Matt Akin when he left the district on May 31st for Gulf Shores. Finley also served as the Deputy Superintendent of Strategy and Innovation at Huntsville City Schools.
She has 27 years of experience in education.
Last May, Finley told WAAY 31 she will continue in Akin's example, to make the right decisions for kids.
"We are a team here. The faces are still the same and at the heart of the matter what we are about are about kids and if we are making the best decision for kids, even those that are new things that are in place, like transportation, and busing, and a new interim superintendent, and a new personnel vendor, we're making decisions that are best for kids," said Finley.
WAAY 31 has a crew at the meeting. We will continue to update this story as more information is released.
- Christie Finley named Superintendent of Huntsville City Schools
- WAAY 31 sits down with Superintendent Christie Finley
- Interim Superintendent named for Huntsville City Schools
- Huntsville City Schools Superintendent Resigns
- Superintendent Akin leaving Huntsville City Schools
- Huntsville City Schools superintendent confirms student did sneak into school
- Huntsville City Schools approves contract for new Superintendent
- Huntsville City Schools Superintendent finalist for Gulf Shores job
- Huntsville School's Superintendent offered Gulf Shores superintendent job
- Madison City Schools Superintendent holds community meeting