Cherokee High School was placed on a soft lockdown after loose shell casings were found in the hallway. Law enforcement tells us that officials searched lockers and no weapons were found.
The superintendent has sent a call out to parents, and the incident is being investigated.
- Cherokee High School lockdown lifted
- Sparkman High School lockdown lifted after anonymous threat
- Cherokee High volleyball player earns scholarship
- Swampy football field could be fixed at Cherokee High School
- Cherokee student arrested for school threat
- Lockdown lifted at Jackson State after active shooter report
- Lockdown lifted at Decatur Middle, Decatur High after threatening phone call
- Church: Beloved Cherokee community member, school supporter Jimmy Payne dies
- Lawnmower accident kills Cherokee County man
- Cherokee residents want ditches cleaned out more