The annual Chili for Charity takes place this Thursday, October 4, at the Huntsville Country Club. Each year, the cook off raises money to donate to a different chairity. This year's proceeds benefit Not One More Alabama, an organization which describes its brief history on their website.
"In November 2016, Not One More Alabama began its journey as an organization to support families whose lives have been impacted by the disease of addiction."
The cook off begins at 5 p.m. with a cost of just $10 for adults, $5 for kids younger than 12 and free for children younger than 2. Twenty-one teams entered this year, and those who attend can sample selections from each. A charity golf tournament begins at noon at Huntsville Country Club.
- Chili Cook-off Raises Money, Awareness for Drug Addiction
- $35,000 raised at Huntsville charity chili cook-off
- Autism Funky Fun Run raises awarness
- Local family raises awareness for Adoption Month
- Raising money for The Rozzy Foundation
- Be aware of possible theft when mailing money, police say
- Local family raises awareness for Type 1 Diabetes
- Madison City Police raise awareness for domestic violence
- Raising awareness, removing the stigma of PTSD in first responders
- Shelter raises awareness about animal cruelty, neglect in Limestone Co.