On Tuesday around 4 p.m., a child was hit by a vehicle on Wheeler Street, near the Limestone County Sheriff's Office.
Officials say the boy fell out of his mother's vehicle as she was turning into a driveway, and the vehicle's rear tire hit his arm. A Limestone County Sheriff's deputy witnessed the incident.
Athens police are handling the case, and the Limestone County Sheriff's Office is assisting. A deputy said the child only had scrapes and swelling, but he was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
- Child hit by vehicle near Limestone County Sheriff's Office
- Limestone County sheriff seeks multiple vehicle break-in suspects
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office advising drivers to slow down
- Child hit by vehicle in Decatur
- Limestone County sheriff seeks honey bun bandit
- Limestone County sheriff seeks property damage suspect
- DeKalb County Sheriff's Office recovers narcotics, stolen vehicle during arrest
- Sheriff's Office investigates scams targeting Limestone Co. residents
- Limestone Co. Sheriff's Office employee files labor complaint
- Limestone County sheriff charges Elkmont man with sexual abuse of child under 12