A chemical spill has been reported on the 1000-block of Cedar Lake, according to a tweet from the Decatur Police. Central Parkway to Highway 31 is blocked. Avoid the area.
A tractor trailer carrying the chemical dumped 3,000 gallons on the road. ChemTrade confirmed the chemical composition is close to that of household cleaner.
Decatur Fire and Rescue are working to clean the spill and sand the pavement.
No injuries have been reported at this time.
- Chemical spill in Decatur
- Highway 20 reopened in Decatur after wreck, fuel spill
- Many concerned about safety after oil spill in Decatur
- Tanker spill cleanup begins
- Chemical waste still gets into Tennessee River
- Chemical fire sends 8 to hospital
- Decatur police investigating shooting
- Card cloning hits Decatur
- Woman charged with chemical endangerment of a child
- Lawmakers calls for release of study on toxic chemicals