A driver is facing charges after Huntsville police said he led them on a chase in a stolen car Monday morning.
The chase started at Martin Luther King Drive and Pulaski Pike around 10:15 a.m., police said. The car had been reported stolen the night before, police said, and the owner saw it and called police.
The chase went at low speeds, police said, and ended after about half an hour at Winchester Road and Pulaski Pike, where the car collided with a Huntsville police officer's patrol car. The officer in the car wasn't hurt, police said.
A 19-year-old was driving the car and was taken into custody, police said. A juvenile, 13, was also in the car and will likely not be charged, according to officers on the scene. A 16-year-old also jumped out of the car at one point during the chase, police said.
Police have not released the driver's name or said what charges the driver will face.
- Chase with stolen vehicle ends in wreck
- Police Chase Ends in Wreck
- Man charged with drug trafficking after chase ends in wreck
- Driver under arrest after chase in stolen truck from Limestone County ends with three-vehicle crash in Huntsville
- Single vehicle wreck investigated by state troopers
- Multi-vehicle wreck shuts down Highway 20
- Gurley Fire Department vehicle reported stolen
- Gurley police recover stolen emergency vehicle
- DeKalb County chase ends in multiple charges
- High speed chase in Limestone County leads to wreck