A judge denied a lower bond request by a nursing home employee who's charged with abusing an elderly resident where he worked.
Zachariah Reeves also has to submit a DNA test.
Reeves is facing multiple charges following an investigation into sexual misconduct at a Florence nursing home.
Reeves is being charged with first-degree sodomy and second-degree elder abuse following a reported interaction in Nov. 2017 at the Mitchell-Hollingsworth Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Florence.
Florence police say another assistant walked in on Reeves and a naked male patient at the nursing home. The court document shows Reeves begged that co-worker not to turn him in, but that assistant told a supervisor who called police.
Reeves is being held in Lauderdale County Detention Center on a $60,000 bond.
- Red Bay man facing multiple rape, sodomy charges
- Lauderdale County man arrested for sodomy
- Man arrested for sodomy and sexual abuse
- German nurse charged with 97 more murders
- Nursing home employee charged with elder abuse
- Lawyer reviewing Cohen documents submits $338,000 bill
- Golden State Killer DNA Concerns