Deputies were called to the boat ramp off of Hatchery Road in Elkmont to pull out a sunken car Tuesday afternoon.
According to deputies, a fisherman called in just before 1:00pm Tuesday to report a car was submerged in Elk River. Deputies with the Limestone County Sheriff’s Office, as well as a diver from the Rogersville Fire Department responded to see if anyone was inside the car. There were no occupants, but deputies say the car was stolen from a home invasion that happened in Florence Tuesday morning.
The investigation is being handled by the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office.
- Car submerged in Elk River
- Car stolen from home in Lauderdale Co. dumped in Elk River in Limestone Co.
- Driver unharmed after car flips into river
- Chemical waste still gets into Tennessee River
- Shoals officials: Stay off Tennessee River
- Limestone County man drowns in Tennessee River
- Drivers can expect delays on Interstate 65 near Tennessee River
- Rescue squad urging people to stay off the rivers
- Missing CDC worker's body recovered in Atlanta river
- Teen slips, falls into water at Little River Canyon