Decatur Police are investigating after a vehicle was found in the Tennessee River early Saturday morning.
The Morgan County Rescue Squad (MCRS) said the car was found in the water near Hospitality Park on Highway 31 north.
Officers went into the water to make sure no one was trapped in the vehicle.
Police called in the MCRS to assist with the operation. They attached a tow cable to the vehicle in order to remove it from the river.
Decatur Fire provided flood lights during the extraction.
Decatur Police are investigating the wreck.
- Car pulled from Tennessee River by Morgan County Rescue Squad
- Morgan County Rescue squad has 3 rescues in one day
- Morgan Co. Rescue Squad gearing up for Memorial Day weekend
- Rescue squad urging people to stay off the rivers
- Limestone County man drowns in Tennessee River
- Rogersville firefighters rescue capsized boat on the Tennessee River
- Tennessee death row inmates ask to have firing squad used
- Missing student's body pulled from Tennessee creek
- Drivers rescued from high water in Morgan County
- Man rescued from Morgan County ravine after three days